" Mastery is a revolutionary coaching platform that empowers gamers to launch their careers as a video game coach. Mastery provides an end-to-end software solution that equips coaches with the essential tools they need to offer three powerful coaching services. Mastery exists to help coaches make their dream job a reality "
Coach gamers in private lessons and we'll automate scheduling and payments so you can focus on what you do best.
Mastery's Gametape Review App allows coaches to review submitted game footage and provide feedback, automatically returning it to the student.
Create advanced courses, similar in style to Udemy, and dive deep into game strategy. You'll keep 100% of the revenue from course sales that you make.
- Help passionate gamers level-up
- Establish long-term relationships with students
- Schedule regular lessons for a stable and predictable income
- Provide feedback on gamers' unique playing style
- Maximum flexibility: review when you want, for how much you want
- Versatile review app can be used by coaches or commentators
- Pass your knowledge on to passionate gamers
- Empower fans to support your career & get something valuable in return
- Create passive income for months to come
SOME OF OUR COACHES
Being able to coach in my spare time has provided me with a stable and predictable income that I've been missing with professional play.
I've used Mastery to create three more revenue sources which has allowed me to make the jump to streaming full-time!
Mastery has given me the opportunity to have a legitimate career in the field I love. There's nothing else I'd rather do!
Last modified and effective date: May 2, 2016
The terms "We," "Us," and "Our" includes Mastery and its affiliates.
Information we collect
Users of the Site may be:
- Clients- Anyone utilizing the Mastery platform who is not a Coach, as defined herein;
- Coaches- Any individual who utilizes the Mastery platform to provide services to Clients, or makes content available for Clients, seeking to better their gameplay.
Types of information you provide us:
- Personal Information: While using the Site, we may collect information that identifies you as a specific person and can be used to identify or contact you ("Personal Information"). Examples of Personal Information include, but are not limited to, your name, email address, physical address and phone number.
- Payment Information: If you make or receive payments on the Site, we will also collect payment information, including credit card, PayPal or other financial account information, and the billing address used.
- General Audience Service: This Site is intended for users that are at least 13 years of age. By utilizing the Site and/or its services, you are acknowledging that you are at least 13 years of age. This site is not intended for or designed to attract persons under the age of 13. We do not permit registration by, and do not knowingly collect Personal Information, from anyone under the age of 13. If you are the parent or legal guardian of a child under 13 years of age and believe that Mastery has collected Personal Information from your child, please contact us at: Support@Mastery.gg. If we are made aware that a child younger than 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete such information.
- Non-Identifying Information: We may collect other information, including but not limited to demographic data, information regarding your Site usage, and data regarding your usage of any service on the Site ("Non-Identifying Information"). Usernames will be considered to be Non-Identifying Information. We may aggregate information collected from registered and non-registered Site users ("Mastery Users"). Usernames may be publically viewable on the Site and viewable by other Mastery Users.
- Combination of Personal and Non-Identifying Information: We may combine your Personal Information with Non-Identifying Information. The combination of such information will be treated as Personal Information.
Information Received from Third Parties
Information Collected from Users Automatically
Mastery and our third party service providers may collect information from you whenever you access and interact with the Site. This information includes, but is not limited to, the browser and operating system you are using, the search terms that led you to the Site, the URL or advertisement that referred you to the Site, how you interacted with the Site, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address. Mobile service providers may also provide us or our third party service providers with your device’s physical location when accessing the Site. We may combine this automatically collected information with other information we collect about you.
Mastery collects information from Users automatically by using:
Embedded Scripts:An Embedded Script is programming code that collects information about how you interact with the Site. The code is downloaded onto your computer or other device and is deactivated or deleted upon disconnecting from the Site.
Mastery may also use other methods and technologies that collect similar information. We may use third parties to perform these services on our behalf.
You may have the opportunity to create a user profile (“Profile”), which may include Personal Information, feedback, testimonials, rating, and other information, including your username. All information in your Profile may be visible to all Users. You may edit information in your Profile through your account. If you believe that an unauthorized profile has been created on your behalf, you can request for it to be removed by contacting us at Support@Mastery.gg.
We may collect and display testimonials of satisfied customers on our site in addition to other endorsements. We will not post your name alongside your testimonial without your prior consent. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at Support@Mastery.gg.
We may collect feedback from Mastery Users about their experiences with other Mastery Users. Any feedback provided may be publicly viewable. We may remove feedback at our sole discretion.
Social Media Accounts
You may have the opportunity to integrate your profile on the Site with a third party social media website (“SMW”), such as Facebook and Twitter. Such integration would require that you log into your account with the SMW. You may have the opportunity to register for Mastery by logging in with your SMW account. If you register by logging in with your SMW account, or link your SMW account to your Mastery account, we may use the Personal Information you have provided to the SMW to create your Mastery account. Information collected from the SMW is subject to the privacy settings on your SMW account and the permissions you grant Mastery in linking your account.
The Site may allow you to "like" or share content to a third party SMW. If you choose to "like" or share content, or to otherwise share information from the Site with a third party website, that information may be publicly displayed, and the third party website may have access to information about you and your use of our Site. Similarly, we may have access to information about you from the third party website should you “like” or share content from the Site. Importantly, a User’s interactions with third party websites, such as an SMW, are governed by the respective privacy policies of the third party sites.
By interacting with the Site through an SMW, by linking an SMW to your account, or by sharing content on an SMW, you represent that you are entitled to use your SMW account for the purposes described herein without breaching any of the terms and conditions that govern the SMW, and without obligating Mastery to pay any fees or making Mastery subject to any usage limitations imposed by such SMW. You can disable the linking of your SMW to your account on the Site at any time by contacting Support@Mastery.gg. Your relationship with any SMW is governed solely by your agreement(s) with such SMW. If your SMW account terminates, then functions enabled through the link between your Mastery account and your SMW account may terminate as well.
Do Not Track Signals
Some browsers may allow Users to automatically send a “Do Not Track” signal to websites they visit. There is no clear consensus as to what “Do Not Track” specifically refers to. As such, Mastery does not alter its data collection practices when it receives a “Do Not Track” signal.
Use and Retention of Information
We use information we collect:
- To provide and improve the Site, complete your transactions, address your inquiries, process your registration, and for internal business purposes;
- To contact you for administrative purposes, marketing or promotional purposes (on behalf of Mastery or third parties) and to provide other information that may be of interest to you. If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive such communications from us, please send an email to Support@Mastery.gg indicating such preference.
- To tailor the content we display to you and offers we may present to you, both on the Site and elsewhere;
- To continue our business relationship with you;
We retain the information we collect for at least 1 year(s) and may retain the information for as long as needed for our business and legal purposes.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
We do not share your Personal Information with third parties for their marketing initiatives unless we first provide you with the opportunity to opt-in or opt-out. Otherwise, we will not disclose your Non-Identifying information or Personal Information to third parties, except for the following circumstances:
- Service Providers: We may utilize third parties to perform Site-related services, including but not limited to maintenance services, database management, web analytics, payment processing, video hosting and improvement of the Site’s features, and/or to provide analysis on how the Site is used. These third parties may have access to your Personal Information.
- Legal and Investigative Purposes: Mastery will share information with government agencies as required by law. We will cooperate with all government agencies, law enforcement officials and private parties to enforce and comply with the law. We will disclose information about you to government agencies, law enforcement officials or private parties as we believe necessary or appropriate, in our sole discretion, to respond to claims and legal process, at the request of governmental authorities, law enforcement, or third parties conducting a legal investigation, to protect the property and rights of Mastery or a third party, to protect the safety of the public or any individual, or to prevent or stop activity we may consider to be, or to pose a risk of being, illegal or fraudulent.
- Contests and Promotions: We may offer contests and other promotions (cumulatively, "Promotion") that may require registration. By participating in a Promotion, you agree to the official rules of the Promotion, which may contain requirements that you allow the sponsor(s) of the Promotion to use your name and/or likeness in advertising or marketing associated with the Promotion, except where prohibited by law. By entering into a Promotion, your Personal Information may be disclosed to third parties or the public in connection with the administration of such Promotion as permitted by the Promotion's official rules, or as required by law.
Changing Your Information and Closing Your Account
You must maintain the accuracy of the information you submit to us and you must update us with any changes through your account. If you completely delete all account information, then your account may become deactivated. If your account is deactivated or you request that Mastery close your account, you will no longer be able to use the Site. If you would like us to delete your account in our system, please email Support@Mastery.gg. We will use commercially reasonable efforts to honor your request. However, certain information may remain on the Site even if you close your account. In addition, your Personal Information may remain in our archives, regardless of whether you deleted your account, for our business purposes. It is not always possible to completely remove or delete information from our databases. We typically do not remove information you posted publicly on the Site.
Third Party Service Providers
Mastery works with, or may in the future work with, third party service providers including but not limited to analytics service providers, network advertisers, video hosting services, and other vendors to:
- Process credit cards and other methods of payment;
- Track traffic on the Site, including pages viewed and the actions taken;
- Post advertisements on other web sites, within mobile apps and elsewhere online;
- Provide Mastery with information regarding the use of the Site and the effectiveness of our advertisements;
- Provide Clients with video content.
Our service providers may collect information about your Site visits and activity on the Site as well as other web sites or services. They may place and access their own tracking technologies on your device and may use that information to show you targeted advertisements as well. Some of these service providers may collect Personal Information when you visit the Site or other online websites and services.
International Transfers of Personal Information
California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, you may have certain additional rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits you to request information regarding the disclosure of your personal information by us to third parties for the third parties' direct marketing purposes. California Business and Professions Code Section 22581 permits registered users who are minors to request and obtain deletion of certain posted content.
Mastery Users may receive marketing emails from Mastery. Mastery Users have the ability to opt-out of receiving said marketing emails by following the opt-out instructions provided in the emails. Mastery reserves the right to send you communications relating to your account and use of the Site via email, and other means, and these transactional account messages will be unaffected if you elect to no longer receive marketing communications.
Third party links
The site contains links to other websites, but links are not an endorsement, authorization or representation of any affiliation with the third party, nor does it act as an endorsement of the third parties’ privacy policies. Third party websites are independent of Mastery, and maintain their own privacy and information collection procedures.
Mastery takes commercially reasonable steps to help protect and secure the information it collects and stores about Mastery Users.
No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Mastery cannot ensure and does not warrant the security of any information you transmit to us.
Changes to this Policy
Terms of Service
Last modified and effective date: May 2, 2016
Welcome and thank you for visiting our website, www.Mastery.gg (“Site”). The Site is operated by Mastery.gg, Inc. (“Mastery”), a corporation duly organized under the laws of the State of Delaware. Mastery is a multi-service platform where people can find coaches and content to help better their gaming abilities. This Terms of Service Agreement (“Agreement”) describes the terms by which you are allowed to use the Site.
IN ORDER TO USE THE SITE, YOU MUST ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY. IF YOU DO NOT ACCEPT ANY PART OF THIS AGREEMENT, YOU MAY NOT USE OR ACCESS THE SITE. BY ACCESSING OR USING ANY PART OF THE SITE, INCLUDING ITS FEATURES, YOU ACCEPT THIS AGREEMENT.
This Agreement establishes the terms that apply to your use of the Site. By accessing or using any part of the Site, including its features, you agree to fully comply with this Agreement.
You agree to protect the confidentiality of your account credentials, and to be held responsible for all activity on your account, including for the actions of other individuals you allow to use your account. Please notify Mastery immediately of any unauthorized access or use of your account.
The Site is intended for Users (defined below) over the age of thirteen (13). Any User between the ages of thirteen (13) and eighteen (18), or your local age of majority, shall review this Agreement with their parent or legal guardian to ensure that both you and your parent or legal guardian agree to the terms of this Agreement. If you are a User between the ages of the thirteen (13) and your local age of majority, you agree to have your parent or legal guardian review and accept this Agreement on your behalf. If you are a parent or guardian accepting this Agreement on your child over the age of thirteen’s (13) behalf, you hereby agree to accept full responsibility and liability for your child’s use of the services, including all financial charges that he may incur.
Users of the Site may be:
- Clients- Anyone utilizing the Mastery platform who is not a Coach, as defined herein;
- Coaches- Any individual who utilizes the Mastery platform to provide services to Clients, or makes content available for Clients, seeking to better their gameplay (collectively, “Users”).
Mastery may, at any time, change or discontinue any feature of the Site, without notice.
Mastery may change or modify the terms of this Agreement at any time. Such changes or modifications will become effective upon posting. Mastery may provide notice of changes to this Agreement through the Site and/or by email. Your use of the Site following notification will be deemed acceptance of all changes and modifications to this Agreement.
About the Site
The Site offers a platform for third party Coaches to list and provide comprehensive services to Clients seeking to better their gameplay in multiple titles. Mastery provides no direct services to Clients other than facilitating the procurement and execution of a Coach’s services. The Site’s platform allows Coaches to indicate information about themselves and what services they provide, at their sole discretion, and Clients to select a Coach and specific services based on such information. Any decision to render or purchase services is made in that User’s sole discretion.
Some of the Site’s features may be offered free of charge but Mastery may charge for access to features. Mastery will not charge you for any such services unless you provide consent prior to incurring charges. Some services may be offered as a subscription which would incur monthly charges. Mastery reserves the right to change or cease its features or services offered at any time without notice. You agree that Mastery will not be liable for any change or cessation of features or services.
You agree that all services provided by Mastery are provided on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Any difficulties that the Site may experience may result in the loss of data or other service or feature interruptions. Mastery does not assume any responsibility or liability for the loss, deletion, timeliness or failure to store data or information.
Through the Site, you may access features or purchase goods or services that are provided by third parties. Your use of such features or purchase of goods or services may be subject to separate terms with the providing third party.
- You will provide true and accurate information about yourself. Please update any information that is no longer true or accurate.
- You will use the Site for lawful purposes only.
- You will not post or otherwise transmit through the Site anything that contains content that:
- Promotes illegal activity or is illegal
- Is defamatory, abusive, obscene, profane, threatening, harassing, offensive or promotes bigotry or racism
- Infringes or violates another’s intellectual property rights
- Contains any malware, spyware, adware or other malicious computer code
Is inaccurate, false or misleading
Mastery provides a platform for third party coaches to provide comprehensive services available for purchase to assist gamers in bettering their in-game abilities.
Through the Site, Clients may schedule coaching sessions with our hand-selected coaches, submit their game footage for a coach to review, or access educational classes, should they be available for purchase. Clients may also post reviews and/or ratings for such services. Mastery is not responsible for the actions or behavior of any Client or Coach, nor is it responsible for the quality, legality, reliability, timing, appropriateness, content, acts or omissions, or any other aspect whatsoever of any services offered by a Coach.
Any User who wishes to sign up as a Coach can do so through the Site as well. Applicants will be reviewed on an as-needed basis, and approval will be at the sole discretion of Mastery. Coaches who are affiliated, or may become affiliated, with any team, organization, or any other entity where they provide coaching services must ensure and certify to Mastery that they are not violating any contractual provisions with those entities.
Coaches may be able to select which services they are willing to offer. Coaches are responsible for maintaining their own schedules. Should a User have to cancel any coaching session, it is their responsibility to contact the other party.
Refunds shall be provided at the sole discretion of Mastery. To request a refund, please contact us at Support@Mastery.gg with a full, detailed description of why you are requesting the refund. If approved, Mastery will process your refund in a timely manner.
USE OF THE SITE IS AT YOUR OWN RISK. MASTERY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE AND ITS FEATURES WILL BE SECURE, ERROR FREE, OR UNINTERRUPTED. YOU AGREE NOT TO RELY ON THE SITE, INCLUDING ANY INFORMATION OR CONTENT CONTAINED WITHIN THE SITE, FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE SITE, ITS FEATURES AND SERVICES ARE PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED. MASTERY AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AND MAKE NO REPRESENTATION OF ANY WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, AS TO THE QUALITY, IDENTITY, OR RELIABILITY OF ANY CONTENT, INFORMATION, OR USER ON THE SITE, OR AS TO THE QUALITY OF ANY GOODS, MERCHANDISE, OR SERVICES PURCHASED THROUGH THE SITE.
YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY HARMS OR POTENTIAL HARMS TO YOUR PERSON, REPUTATION, COMPUTER SYSTEM, OR PROPERTY THAT RESULT FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR YOUR INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER SITE USERS. MASTERY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THIRD PARTY CLAIMS OF ANY NATURE.
MASTERY SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DISPUTE BETWEEN USERS, INCLUDING CLIENTS AND COACHES. SUCH DISPUTEs SHALL ONLY BE BETWEEN THE USERS INVOLVED. IN THE EVENT THAT YOU HAVE A DISPUTE WITH ONE OR MORE USERS, YOU HEREBY AGREE TO RELEASE MASTERY, INCLUDING ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, AGENTS, SUBSIDIARIES AND EMPLOYEES, FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DEMANDS OR DAMAGES, WHETHER KNOWN OR UNKNOWN, ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY ASSOCIATED WITH THE DISPUTE BETWEEN USERS.
IF ANY LIABILITY IS FOUND FOR ANY CLAIM OR SUIT ARISING OUT OF THIS AGREEMENT, THE LIABILITY OF MASTERY AND ITS THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT OF FEES RETAINED BY MASTERY IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ONE HUNDRED DOLLARS ($100).
Any controversy or claim you have against Mastery relating to this Agreement or its purported breach, shall be settled by binding arbitration before the American Arbitration Association (“AAA”) in California by a sole arbitrator. Any controversy or claim shall not be consolidated with the controversies or claims of other individuals. Mastery shall have the option to bring any claim or dispute against you in California state court or Federal Court, or in binding arbitration. You consent to personal jurisdiction and venue in the California State and Federal Court. Mastery shall be entitled to seek its reasonable attorney’s fees and costs in any action against you. Any arbitration under this agreement shall be governed by the AAA Commercial Arbitration rules.
You agree to indemnify, defend, and hold harmless Mastery and its respective officers, directors, employees, attorneys and their respective successors and assigns from and against all losses, costs, expenses, damages, or other liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees and costs) as a result of any claim, suit or proceeding resulting from the breach of this Agreement, your negligent or otherwise harmful conduct, your use of the Site, and any violations of law.
You may close your account at any time by sending a request to Support@Mastery.gg. We will process all account closures within a reasonable timeframe upon receipt. Note that closed accounts may not be recoverable. Without limitation, Mastery may terminate your account if you have breached a provision of this Agreement, do not intend to comply with this Agreement, are unable to comply with this Agreement, or if Mastery is required to do so by law.
Mastery reserves all of its intellectual property rights, including but not limited to the name Mastery.gg, the Site, the Site design, and the Site’s content. Unless you have agreed otherwise in writing with Mastery, you agree that nothing in this Agreement gives you the right to use any of Mastery’s intellectual property for any purpose, including the downloading or republishing any content located on the Site. You further agree that you will not use any intellectual property in a manner that may cause a likelihood of confusion as to the owner or creator of such content. Mastery shall be permitted the reasonable use of its coaches’ names in connection with promoting Mastery. Mastery shall be permitted to use and/or modify any content located on the Site or uploaded to the Site in connection with promoting Mastery.
Mastery makes no claim of ownership to any intellectual property on the Site which would conflict with the ownership rights of game developers, publishers, and the like.
If you believe any content on the Site infringes upon the intellectual property of yourself or others, please let us know at Support@Mastery.gg.
Terms of Purchase
Mastery may charge and collect tax on all eligible shipments of goods and purchase of services that were purchased on the Site. For any goods purchased on the Site, risk of loss transfers to you upon delivery to the carrier. Listed prices may change at any time without notice to you. Prices listed on the website do not guarantee purchase prices until payment is made. Mastery may process payments through a third-party service provider such as Stripe.
Third Party Content
Any opinions, statements, content, advice, services or information made by any third parties, including other Site Users, on the Site are those of the respective author(s) and not Mastery. Mastery does not endorse, nor is it responsible for, the opinions, statements, content, advice, services, or information made available on the Site by third parties. Mastery will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by your reliance on information obtained through the Site, as it is your responsibility to determine the completeness, accuracy, or usefulness of any information, advice, services, statements, opinions or content on the Site.
The Site may have hyperlinks to other websites or services. Mastery does not control websites or content that have not been provided by Mastery. You agree that Mastery does not endorse the websites or content that it did not provide. Mastery will not be held liable for any reason in connection with websites or content posted on the Site by third parties.
This Agreement shall be governed by California law. The failure of Mastery to partially or fully exercise any rights under this Agreement shall not prevent any exercise of such right, or be deemed as a waiver of such rights. The exercise of any rights under this Agreement shall not limit Mastery’s right to exercise any other remedy.
Should you have any questions relating to this Agreement, please contact us at Support@Mastery.gg.
The above categories are not intended to be exhaustive. Mastery may monitor content posted on the Site. Mastery may edit or remove any content it determines is offensive or violates this Agreement, in its sole discretion, at any time without notice. The posting of such prohibited content may result in the removal of the prohibited content and/or termination of your access to the Site. You understand and agree that Mastery is not responsible for the content posted on the Site by its Users.
By submitting content to any area of the Site, or by otherwise transferring content through the site, you automatically grant, or warrant that the owner of the content grants, a royalty- free, perpetual, irrevocable and non-exclusive right and license to use the content in any manner, at the sole discretion of Mastery, in any form of media now known or hereafter developed.